Your pearly whites will certainly be a conversation starter, so here are some fun facts to share that fit with the tooth-topic!
Drop one of these interesting “did you know…?” statements in your next conversation. You’ll not only wow them with your gleaming beam, but your knowledge of dental trivia, too!
Here are five fun facts about your teeth! How many of them did you already know?
1. Your tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the body.
Your tooth enamel measures, on average, 5 Months on the hardness scale. (Steel, in its pure form, measures only 4-4.5 Mohs!) However, enamel can easily be chipped or broken, which is why dentists don’t recommend chewing on popcorn kernels or ice.
2. U.S. consumers purchase 14 million gallons of toothpaste each year.
When you think about it, we ought to brush our teeth twice a day, at least, to maintain that brilliant beam.
3. The average person spends a total of 38 days brushing their teeth during their lifetime
4. One third of teeth are under your gums.
5. Humans have two sets of teeth during their lifetime, whereas sharks have roughly 40 sets of teeth.
Imagine the amount of toothpaste that would necessary to brush 40 sets of teeth!